A 26 year old man of Nigerian origin, Chika Imaneal has died after vomiting and falling unconscious on a flight.
Chika was on a Doha-Kuala Lumpur flight when an emergency landing was requested after he took ill. Medical personnel at the airport declared Chika dead on arrival. The airport authority informed the police about the death, who have registered a case of Ã¢â‚¬Å“accidental deathÃ¢â‚¬Â.
Commissioner of police, Vishwas Nagre-Patil, said: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Doctors have sent the recovered capsules for forensic examination to ascertain the contents. The police suspect that Chika was trying to smuggle the capsules. Ã¢â‚¬Å“
The police sent the body for the post-mortem at Cooper Hospital where the doctors recovered the plastic capsules from the stomach.It is believed that Chika could have been dead due to poisoning.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“In most such cases, capsules burst inside the stomach and the person dies because of poisoning,Ã¢â‚¬Â a medical expert explained