VFS Nigeria provides logistic and Visa Processing services to visa Applicants seeking a Non Immigrant U.S. Visa in Nigeria from the U.S. Embassy and is only responsible for the following:
- To deliver passports received from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate against a valid proof submitted by the Applicant at a predetermined time mentioned on the website. The Passport shall be handed over to the applicant in exchange of the stub that was given to the applicant at the Embassy/Consulate. A manual acknowledgment (signature) taken from the applicant on the stub.
- Applicants are urged against using unauthorized persons, entities and touts and also against divulging any information relating to the receipts, passport and related details to third persons. The Applicants alone will be responsible for any resultant consequences and may also become liable for appropriate prosecutions and liabilities.
USER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE:
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the U.S. Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documents, information and material to assess the applications and in its own discretion decides on such information, material and documents submitted or furnished. VFS Nigeria neither processes nor assesses any document, information and material and under no circumstances shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the Documents, in any manner whatsoever.
The grant or refusal of the U.S. Non Immigrant visa is the sole discretion of the U.S Embassy. VFS Nigeria is neither involved in the processing nor is liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any delay in processing or granting or rejecting the visa since this is the sole prerogative of the U.S. Embassy.
While VFS Nigeria takes every reasonable care and precaution in handling and delivering the documents of the Visa Applicants, VFS Nigeria shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever to the Visa Applicants or any persons claiming through them for any documents which are lost in transit by accident, theft, natural calamities (acts of God) or any other reason outside the control of, or not arising out of a wilful act or default of VFS Nigeria. VFS Nigeria does not warrant or guarantee the delivery of the documents, material or information as the Visa Applicant may desire, but will extend and provide services to the extent and to the points as notified and communicated to the Visa Applicants.
The access and use of www.usa.vfsglobal-ng.com is at the sole discretion of VFS Nigeria and use by any person may be restricted or terminated by VFS Nigeria at any time.
VFS Nigeria engages third party couriers/courier company/ies for the receipt and delivery of documents to users and to the Embassy/Consulate and to missions. The applicant agrees and accepts that the courier acceptance and delivery service through which the documents are received or returned to users by VFS Nigeria is operated by a third-party. VFS Nigeria does not control or operate any courier company, neither does it control or operate any facility or service provided by the courier company.
VFS Nigeria expressly disclaims any and all liability for any loss or damage caused to the user in the event that his/her Documents are delayed/misplaced/lost/damaged by the courier company, whether such delay/misplacement/loss/damage results from negligence, accident or any other cause. In no event shall VFS Nigeria and/or its representatives be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever due to such delay/misplacement/loss/damage of the Documents, including the user’s passport. Without prejudice to the aforesaid, the liability of VFS Nigeria if any in case a passport is lost or damaged in transit, is limited/restricted to the reimbursement of the amount of fees charged by the Federal Ministry of Nigeria. or such authority as applicable, for the replacement of a lost/damaged passport through normal application procedure and replacement visa free of cost By the Embassy/Consulate. Such reimbursement of the fee amount will be made by VFS Nigeria to an applicant only on the presentation by the applicant of the payment receipt issued by the Federal Ministry of Nigeria or such authority as applicable.
By using the services available from the domain www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com the Applicant shall agree to the following terms and conditions, including those available by hyperlink (the “Agreement of Use”) with VFS Nigeria and the general principles for the VFS Nigeria Web site sites of our client/s its agencies, subsidiaries and international affiliates. If you reside outside Nigeria, you are contracting with VFS Nigeria and its affiliate and the clients. If you have any questions, please refer to the Help section on the Site.
|Back to Top|
PROHIBTION AGAINST UNLAWFUL USE:
While accessing or using the Site, Applicant will not:
- post any content or items in an inappropriate category or areas on the Site nor post any material in whatsoever form, on the VFS Nigeria website other than the purpose for which the VFS Nigeria website provides for,
- violate any laws, third party rights, or policies of VFS Nigeria. Applicant shall not hide or spoof his IP addressor intentionally or bounce his communications through any intermediate computers. Applicant shall also not alter the logs upon gaining access,
- interfere with the technological operations of the site or attempt or manipulate the content or material on the VFS Nigeria website or interfere or attempt to manipulate or interfere with the VFS Nigeria website contents or of other Applicants or user’s,
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information),
- use any robot, spider, search engine, scraper or other means whether manual, automated, mechanical or electronics either existing or that may be invented, discovered to access the Site and or to do any of the acts mentioned above for any purpose other than the normal purpose which the website intends.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or
- bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.
- do or take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information of the Site or for using it for purposes unrelated to VFS Nigeria;
- shall not access or attempt to gain root access, use any manual, mechanical, electrical or electronic means, computer programs, exploits, hacker tools, or scripts, software or hardware tools, search engines either existing or that may be invented either directly, indirectly or through any contrivance to change, modify, post, violate, misuse, abuse, erase, hack, distort, slow down, configure any system, website, to work for them, or to cause denial of services to other Applicants & User’s or on other computers or down the VFS Nigeria Web site or its user features;
- send, post, plant or distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm VFS Nigeria, or the interests or property of VFS Nigeria users;
- copy, modify, or distribute content from the Site and VFS Nigeria’s copyrights and trademarks; (Trademarks term to be included only after Trademark registration is done)
- harvest or otherwise collect information about Applicants, including but not limited to any Applicants personal or other details including but not limited to passport details, and other details posted on the VFS Nigeria Web site by any Applicants personal details, details or information relating to Applicants passport details, email addresses, without their consent.
Applicants and Users will be liable for any action under the Nigerian law.
The Applicants & User’s will be liable for Infringement, should any unlawful use be made of VFS Nigeria ‘s Copyright, Trademark and Trademark Descriptions contained therein.
VFS will not hesitate to initiate legal proceedings should any unlawful use be made of its website and its contents therein.
|Back to Top|
LIMITATION OF USE
Without limiting other remedies, VFS Nigeria may at its sole discretion or at the advise and or under the directions of its clients limit, suspend, or terminate, temporarily or permanently disable or prevent or disable the Applicants & User’s account from making use of its service and user accounts, prohibit access to its website and websites, remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep Applicants & user/s off the Site if VFS Nigeria think that the Applicants & user is or attempting to resort to Unlawful usage, resorting to abuse, creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the normal usage.
When Applicant provides VFS Nigeria the content, the Applicant & user grant VFS Nigeria a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights the Applicants & user has in the content, in any media known now or in the future.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
While VFS Nigeria makes and strives to provide secure and continuous connectivity and internet access VFS Nigeria, the U.S. Embassy and or its clients shall not be responsible or liable to any Applicant for any loss or consequential damage including among other things any loss of dates obtained, time, data or information furnished or entered on the website or the application forms which may among other things have occurred as a result of any events or acts leading to interruptions in internet connectivity, transmission of signals, server breakdown, systems crashing, hacking, servicing and any other unforeseen events or acts.
Applicants & Users will not hold VFS Nigeria responsible for other users’ actions or inactions, including acts or things the result of which there may be loss of connectivity, loss of dates, loss of data furnished.
Further, while secure and continuous access to the service is sought to be provided and VFS Nigeria does not guarantee continuous or secure access to its services, and operation of the Site as the same may be interfered with by numerous factors outside the control of VFS Nigeria. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, VFS Nigeria excludes all implied warranties, terms and conditions. VFS Nigeria is not liable for any loss of money, time, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential loss or damages arising out of your use of its web site.
Applicants & Users agrees to indemnify and hold VFS Nigeria, its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the breach of this Agreement, or violation by the Applicants & Users of any law of any country or the rights of a third party.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices shall be served on VFS Nigeria’s authorised agent at: Zenon House, 3rd Floor, Ajose Adeogun, Victoria Island, Lagos and to the Applicant to the email and/or address provided to VFS Nigeria during the online filling of the form. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent. VFS Nigeria may give Applicants legal notice by email or to the address provided during the registration process.
|Back to Top|
LAW AND FORUM FOR DISPUTES
This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Nigeria as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Nigeria between its residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. Applicants & User’s agrees that any claim or dispute you may have against VFS Nigeria must be resolved by a court located in Lagos. The User specifically agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Lagos for the purpose of litigating any claims or disputes or for prosecuting any cases for any offense of whatsoever nature that may arise from the use of this website of services provided by VFS Nigeria or its website.
VFS Nigeria, is located at Block 94, Plot 23, Providence Street, Lekki-Epe expressway, Lekki scheme 1, Lagos. If you reside outside Nigeria and access this Site, the services are offered by VFS Nigeria subject to the Applicant & User’s accepting the jurisdictional terms and conditions as mentioned herein. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable both in Nigeria and in such other jurisdiction or court, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. In its sole discretion, VFS Nigeria may assign this Agreement in accordance with the Notices Section.
Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section. VFS Nigeria’s failure to act with respect to a breach by Applicants & user/s or others does not waive its rights to act with respect to any breach, subsequent or similar breaches. VFS Nigeria reserves the right to take action as it may decide, or advised by its Legal Counsel and or as directed by its clients.
VFS Nigeria may at any time amend this Agreement of Use by posting the amended terms on the Site. Except as stated elsewhere, all amended terms shall automatically be effective as at the time of accessing the website and using the services. This Agreement of Use may not be otherwise amended except in a writing signed by VFS Nigeria only. This Agreement of Use sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between Applicants & user’s with VFS Nigeria with respect to the subject matter hereof.