Not ready to have another royal baby just yet! Prince William suggested he and wife Kate Middleton are in no rush to have another child together. While chatting with Regimental Sergeant Major Ray Collister at the St. Patrick’s Day parade at Mons Barracks in Aldershot, England on Monday, March 17, the Duke of Cambridge said his 7-month-old son, Prince George, will remain an only child for now.
Collister told reporters that he asked Prince William at the event if there were any more babies on the way. “‘Maybe one day,'” Prince William reportedly replied. “‘One’s enough at the moment.'”
Collister added: “He said maybe when there’s time.”
Prince William, 31, and Middleton, 32, looking festive in a green Emilia Wickstead dress, attended the parade Monday without their little boy. Guardsman Glenn Tierney told reporters: “I asked them all about George, I’m nosey like that. They said he’s doing really well and he’s very busy crawling and eating.”
The Duke and Duchess already have their hands full caring for one child while keeping up with their royal duties. They are set to take their first vacation as a family of three in mid-April to tour Australia and New Zealand for about three weeks.
“They said they’re very busy sorting everything out for taking [George] to Australia,” Tierney told reporters. “They’re very excited.”
To help them on the royal tour, a source told Us Weekly last week that the parents hired a new nanny to help care for little George while they attend official engagements.