Nigeria News

Chibok: Court Case against Mbu Scheduled for Hearing Tomorrow

 Baring any unforeseen circumstance, the court case instituted against the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Commissioner of Police (CP), Mbu Jospeh Mbu, by the Abuja BringBackOurGirls (BBOG) group, will come up tomorrow at the Abuja High Court.

This was disclosed yesterday by the group who tweeted from their tweeter handle, @BBOG_Nigeria, "The case against CP Mbu banning peaceful rallies is scheduled for Thursday, June 12 2014 by 9AM at the High Court 4. #BringBackOurGirls."

The group had last week with their lawyer Femi Falana (SAN), gone to the court to seek an injunction against the CP, as well as a restraining order against the police, to allow them continue their peaceful sit-outs and protest.

However, the decision to still pursue the court case is yet unclear since the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, had through the Police Spokesperson, CSP Frank Mba, rescinded the ban placed on the protesters by Mbu.

While the Abuja family of BBOG battle for freedom of movement to carry out their daily sit-outs, the Lagos group said they have the full backing of the police.

Meanwhile, in continuance with her daily clamour for the release of the Chibok girls, the leader of the Abuja group, former Minister for Education and former World Bank Vice President, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili,  yesterday took to her twitter page.

Tweeting from @obyezeks she said, "Indifference to the cause of the #ChibokGirls is the loudest statement yet on the state of our shared humanity. They are alive and can be rescued."

Also speaking, Publisher, Ovation International magazine, Dele Momodu, said there is no excuse or justification for failing to find and liberate those girls after two months of empty promises and grandstanding.

Tweeting from  @DeleMomodu, he said, "Over 200 girls were abducted by terrorists; these magicians lied to our president that it didn't happen and he believed them. For three weeks our president did not address the nation until the cries of the entire world reached Aso Rock and promises came as usual!

"We suggested the president seek foreign help, invade Sambisa forests or negotiate with the terrorist but the hackers shouted us down, rather our wonderful governments are still making infinitesimal promises and who are we to say nothing concrete is on ground to find our girls."

He also said, "It is amazing how life can carry on as normal when 100s of our daughters have been abducted and more have disappeared or killed. I have no doubts that if children of our leaders and the super rich were among, our governments would have negotiated and even pay heavy ransoms.

"Let me reiterate that if it is impossible to liberate those girls by force, we should be reasonable to know that we must negotiate urgently. We may continue to live in denial and pretend that this ugly saga will go away like everything Nigerian but it will haunt us all forever.

"Our great country is bleeding dangerously and speeding towards perdition, advisers will come and go but Mr President alone will carry the cross. Therefore, my sincere advice to our dear Commander-Chief is to urgently free himself from those who make him look so bad in the eyes of the world."

Leave a Reply