At the same time that Codewit Networks are committed to bringing you information tailored to your individual needs, we recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of your personally identifiable information.
There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Codewit Account, we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant search results and ads, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, when we talk about your personal information it is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. Please note: this policy applies only to information collected by Codewit.com online, as specified below, and does not govern or apply to information collected or used by the Codewit.com or its affiliates through other means.
Your privacy matters to Codewit so whether you are new to Codewit or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
What personally identifiable information do I provide to Codewit.com?
Codewit.com asks you to provide various types of personally identifiable information to enhance your experience on our site.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us: For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Codewit Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card, year of birth, gender, Zip code, country, Job Title, Primary Responsibility, Job Industry and Company Size. The more information you provide, the better we are able to customize your experience.
- We may also ask you for other information at other times – such as when you enter a contest or nominated for an award or participate in a promotion or when you post an online ad, when you participate in our message boards, or when you order products from us.
- Codewit.com uses information for the following general purposes: To customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our opt-out of cookies from vendors with whom we do not have a contractual relationship.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our advertising services or you view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
Device information: We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Codewit may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Codewit Account.
Log information: When you use our services or view content provided by Codewit, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
Internet protocol address
device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Codewit Account.
Location information: When you use a location-enabled Codewit service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Unique application numbers: Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Codewit when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use information we collect
Codewit does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Codewit! under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Codewit.com communicate with you about offers from Codewit and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Kids under 13: Do not send any information about yourself to us – including information like your name, address or e-mail address. In general, we do not knowingly collect personally
- identifiable information from children under 13. If, in limited circumstances, we do knowingly collect personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will do so only
- with verified parental consent prior to collection. In the event that we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
Information we share
For legal reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Codewit if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Codewit, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Codewit and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to personal information to Codewit employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
NOTICE: Click here for practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.